Saturday, December 15, 2007

THE GREATEST FIGHT SCENE

Yeah, this is worth a re-post. Thanks, Jared...I'll never get those two minutes back again!

FROM GREG ADKINS: “What you are about to see is completely unbelievable. Yes, more amazing than any Steve Perry sound alike in a hotel lobby could ever be. This is the greatest fight scene ever. I don't care what movie you want to stack against this, I guarantee you it will lose. This is hands down the greatest thing I have ever seen.


The scene is from a 1985 film called Gymkata. It's about an olympic gymnist who is also a ninja. He has invented a new style of martial arts called Gymkata that combines gymnastics and karate. The movie is NOT a comedy. I repeat, this is not intentionally funny.


Things of note: (1) The sound effects are probably the best I have ever heard. (2) The crowd shots of the angry mob. Awesome. (3) The classic ninja movie rule is in effect here... a crowd of ninjas / villagers / goons can only attack the hero one at a time. Under no circumstances may all of the bad guys attack at the same time. (4) Whenever I get attacked by an angry mob, the first thing I look for is a pommel horse.


Enough talking... enjoy. Please comment with your immediate thoughts. Mine were HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA THIS CAN'T BE REAL LET ME CHECK WIKIPEDIA OKAY IT'S REAL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.”

1 comment:

Diane Muir said...

Well, at least now I know what a pommel horse is good for. I think you must be a guy to really get a good laugh out of it. More of the whole 'Three Stooges' effect.