Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Monday's with JC

As most of you know, I take Monday's off to spend with JC. Yesterday was an exceptional day with him (maybe because of the 3 1/2 hours of naptime!). We had a lot of fun together, as you will see below. The highlight of the day was the short walk we took at Lake Zorinsky. Here's a picture of JC with my hat on!








And here are a couple videos of him dancing!



As much fun as I had spending time with JC, I was able to spend a refreshing amount of time with God yesterday, too. Sunday was my personal dedication to ministry. I have always known I wanted to be in ministry (whether that means in the church or in the business world), but something changed on Sunday while I attended a 75th anniversary celebration for my in-law's church in Fremont. God definitely had a sense of humor in this one, because the service was 2 hours long on a Sunday afternoon, and I didn't know any of the old guys who were speaking. But it was God who would do the speaking, and while they were celebrating 75 years of church history, I was being commissioned for church future. The interesting thing about God's clear message to me is the first season he has called me to: prayer. Again with the humor, God has me all fired up for ministry, though I don't know what it is, and yet my first assignment is to spend an undefined amount of time in prayer and scripture before a holy God.

God, in his wisdom, gave JC a long afternoon nap, of which I prayed. And prayed. And read, and prayed. And for the first time in a long while, I wasn't praying for answers. I was on my face before the Most High, in the presence of the Holy One. I was asking about the future, but not with anxiety, but rather with excited anticipation of the next season of life. The where, what, and how weren't important...they why and who were ever so clear.

I spent a lot of time yesterday listening for God to speak clearly. I heard nothing...instead, I experienced his presence, his peace, and his comfort. I could feel the Holy Spirit in the room as if he were standing over me, saying nothing, yet his message was clear: "Recognize your sinfulness! Your ministry is not about you or your efforts. It is the work of Christ in you that will impact the world."

Come, Jesus. Come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No way is he that big!!!w